Sunday, February 20, 2011

TV Junkies

Wow, so this whole blogging thing isn’t as easy as it seems and I have already failed in my goal for 2 blogs per week. Time to pick it up Halliday!

Anyway in the spirit of trying new things in Melbourne, Matt and I became live TV junkies this week by attending a live taping of ‘Talking About your Generation’ on Wednesday followed by the taping of ‘7pm Project’ on Friday.
Both tapings were super fun and very interesting to see what happens behind the scenes. In sticking with the theme of my previous blogs of bullet pointing, the highlights included:

Talking About Your Gen –
·         The crowd warm-up guy is bloody hilarious and I was in stitches the whole time.
·         We were there for about 3 hours to film a 45min show, although most of the breaks involved setting up for each segment. Not once did I look at my watch, as the time just seemed to fly by.
·         Josh Thomas surprised me, as he was very funny and the only cast member to interact with the crowd during the breaks.
·         Shaun Micalleff is a comedy genius

The 7pm Project -
·         The studio is tiny and so much smaller than it seems on tv.
·         They are completely live, although the interviews with people outside the studio are pre-recorded.
·         Denise Scott is hilarious and has good taste in clothes. During one of the ad breaks, she pointed over at me and then proceeded to tell me my top was lovely. Bless her and looking forward to going to her live show during the Comedy Festival.
·         Charlie Pickering is a cyclist and Carrie Bickmore is tiny.
·         Special guest Kris Smith (aka Mr Danni Minogue) is a very good looking man, though the British accent throws me.

Both were super fun experiences, where I learnt that clapping at double speed makes it sound like there are twice as many people in the crowd, jokes are much funnier when you are in the studio than on tv and everyone really is skinner in real life than onscreen.
Definitely recommended to anyone living in Melbourne or Sydney, where most of these shows are filmed. For information, you can check out this site, which provided links to register.

No comments:

Post a Comment